AuthorPost
 Posted: Tue Feb 20th, 2007 04:45 pm
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Joe Kelley
Administrator

Mana: 
Why not?

I have yet to ask my wife if she will support such a thing.

This is a primary thing to do i.e. throw my hat into the ring. Call this a market survey.

If no one supports my candidacy, then, I won't have to suffer all the things that presidential candidates have to suffer - never mind the actual costs involved with executing the executive office.

So here it is and to anyone with similar leanings by all means do throw your hat in too. Imagine doing the job in a more harmful way? That is nearly unimaginable.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Tue Feb 20th, 2007 06:13 pm
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Joe Kelley
Administrator

Mana: 
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article17129.htm

Issue number one:

As president will you attack another country soon?

Answer: No

Unprovoked violence that results in loss of human life is called murder by any known civilized standard so the question is:

As president will you murder?

Answer: No

Additionally:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=China+Russia+Iran+allies+military+capability

The notion of invincibility or perhaps the ability to murder with impunity is ridiculous. The victims of murder will eventually inspire loved ones to defend themselves effectively.

Given what is at stake, it is easy to see why the United States, Russia, and China all have such an abiding interest in the outcome of the Iranian crisis. For Washington, the replacement of the clerical government in Tehran with a U.S.-friendly regime would represent a colossal, threefold accomplishment: It would eliminate a major threat to America's continued dominance of the Persian Gulf, open up the world's number two oil-and-gas supplier to American energy firms, and greatly diminish Chinese and Russian influence in the greater Gulf region.
Not surprisingly, Moscow and Beijing are doing everything in their power to prevent any American geopolitical triumph in Iran or Central Asia from occurring, though without provoking an outright breach in relations with Washington -- and so endangering complex economic ties with the United States. 
Skip to this:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Chinese+military+might

Pick one.

I pick the second one:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/12/18/130057.shtml

How about this one:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/DG18Ad02.html

In the beginning phase of a military campaign, China is determined to "level the technological playing field" in order to "enhance its chances of operational success". Consequently, the focus of the PLA's "operational theory" on:

• "Destroying the enemy command system.
  • "Crippling the enemy information systems.
  • "Destroying the enemy's most advanced weapons systems.
  • "Crippling the enemy support (logistic) systems.
  • "Disrupting the critical links in the enemy's campaign systems (ie, denying the enemy the synergies that accrue from its technological superiority)." Can they do it?

How about this search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=Chinese+military+technology+capability

Intelligence ?

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/HD20Ad03.html

That looks like 'intelligence'.

As the aircraft carrier battle groups advance, China draws out one of its "trump cards" by leaking to the world media that it is dumping its holdings of US Treasury bonds and shifting to gold and euros.
    Meanwhile, strategic planners at NORAD watch with glee as they observe on the screen as monitored by their radar satellites that Chinese surface ships are making a hasty retreat as nine allied carrier battle groups advance toward the Philippine Sea and Chinese waters near Taiwan.

The assassin's mace: China's anti-satellite weapons
    Glee and ecstasy soon turn to shock as monitor screens suddenly go blank. Then all communication via satellites goes dead. China has drawn its second "trump card" (the assassin's mace) by activating its maneuverable "parasite" micro-satellites that have unknowingly clung to vital (NORAD) radar and communication satellites and have either jammed, blinded or physically destroyed their hosts. 

The answer is no on moral grounds and no on practical grounds.

The answer is only yes only if the idea is to destroy the American Dream and as many innocent people as possible just for fun.

A campaign slogan:

Anyone can do better than a psychopath.  

http://www.lewrockwell.com/margolis/margolis69.html

North Korea is notorious for backing away from deals, and, claims the US, has violated numerous previous ones. The latest agreement, trumpeted by the Bush Administration as a great diplomatic victory, was really due to China’s intervention. Whether it holds up and advances, or Kim is just buying more time, remains to be seen. 

What really worries them, of course, is that direct talks with North Korea raise the obvious question: why not direct talks with Iran over its so far peaceful nuclear program? The neocons want war with Iran, not talks, so the example of North Korea is undermining their carefully developed strategy. February 20, 2007 Eric Margolis 

• Last edited on Wed Feb 21st, 2007 04:10 pm by Joe Kelley

Posted: Tue Feb 20th, 2007 09:56 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    3rd Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    What will you do to ensure domestic financial solvency since you are not willing to go abroad and murder for currency and the oil that backs up 'dollar hegemony'?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2007/02/19/ccview19.xml

The dollar will devalue further no matter what happens so it is best to invest in some other form of currency sooner rather than later.

Anyone can and will sell off their depreciating dollars for something better when the need arises so the question becomes the same old question where can anyone get the most bang for the buck?

Imagine spending the entire Iran war budget (and the Iraq budget) on nothing but Solar Panels to be used on all the federal buildings.

Now - that is a ridiculous thing to do, I know, and you probably know too, because all those federal buildings have to be sold off for debt payments to foreign nations.

That will happen as foreclosure or as a 'fire sale' once the dollar value plummets.

Again – the crash will occur so the best bang for the buck must be invested sooner rather than later.

As president the second thing to do is to stop borrowing the money used for the war that was stopped in the first place. People can either pay the higher costs of gasoline or start demanding cheaper solar panels and electric cars and then those solar panels and electric cars will be built because there is a demand for cheaper solar panels and electric cars.

Ask yourself: How much of your tax dollars are going to oil and auto companies now and thereby ensuring the dependency upon oil?

As president I know how necessary a viable currency is to modern civilization so, as president, I would, at least, put pressure on congress to get rid of the Federal Reserve and the IRS. I could completely stop any new legislation forcing congress into the required ‘consensus’ or super majority to pass any presidential veto. Can anyone seriously imagine congress becoming united to save The Federal Reserve and the IRS?

Next I’ll map out my plan to have the FBI investigate the CIA and visa versa with the power to bring each other into criminal court or combine their efforts to eliminate any criminal activities being conducted by ‘off the books’ U.S. government sanctioned crimes. I think such public pressure could result in a new type of America’s most wanted T.V. show.

That’s it – the America’s most wanted plan. Do we really want to be borrowing money to go around torturing and murdering people? If not, then, this will end those crimes. The last one’s standing in that shrinking budget expense can eventually be fired for nothing better to do and the States can take care of their own police work. The Federal Government can concentrate on Federal Government ‘internal affairs’ first and then be in a position to ‘export’ democratic leadership.

The Federal Government can be so limited as to ensure domestic tranquility by waging a war in falsehood at home. Out with the liars and see if anyone is left to ‘govern’. If not, then, the people will have to start electing honest people once in awhile.

Posted: Thu Feb 22nd, 2007 04:38 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    4th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article17145.htm

The above is worth reading and so I will read it. I can tell right away that this type of 'dooms day' communication misses the mark by a wide margin i.e. it is less than half true.

To offer a measure of perspective concerning my claim of 'deception' above please consider diving into the following accounting.

http://www.austrianforum.com/index.php?showtopic=364

The link above documents a time when I began another run for the congressional seat for my district based upon "NEWS" called "Peak Oil". The "News" is half true at best so my dire need to do something (run for office) evaporated with the exposure of accurate data. Future human existence can be made horrible as the ENERGY supply lowers.

The Sun supplies enough energy for human civilization. That is fact.

The 'dooms day' machine likes to predict dooms day because that tactic nets a profit. In simple economic terms; selling short based upon insider trading.

Rather than conducting a market survey the idea is to steer the market into a state of scarcity and then profit on hedging bets or in Craps it is 'betting on the don't pass line'.

I'll read the first link shortly and I will return here to retract or adjust some of my current communications if things turn out different than expected.

If there is going to be a depression or recession it will be a result of actions intending that very end. The people who pay the cost will be the people who have invested poorly. An example will be a person who invests in anything that cannot be readily converted away from the U.S. dollar. Those people include people with 401K retirement accounts and that is one example.

On the other hand: people who invest in alternate energy production will not be in as dire straights when the dollar value plummets. Imagine for example a person who didn’t sink their extra earnings into a 401K plan and instead the wise investor bought Solar Panels. By comparison the 401K investor has x amount of something while the Solar Panel investor has a steady flow of electricity. If the 401K investor has a steady flow of ‘interest’, the, the same amount of investment in Solar Panels creates a steady flow of electricity. If the 401K plan ‘investor’ gains ‘interest’ on his ‘interest’, then, the Solar Panel investor gains more solar panels, more efficient electric appliances, a Solar Powered Car (too bad these are not being mass produced and therefore very cheap = see “Who Stole the Electric Car”), and perhaps hydrogen production to replace the natural gas bill (costs).

So…what happens when the dollar crashes?

Mr. 401K has to sell off his plan before the dollar value reaches zero and he must pay all the associated penalties, IF, the Bank (that is no longer in business) agrees to process the paper work.

Mr. Solar Panel/Solar car can start a taxi service and his fuel is provided by his Banker that rises up every day and sets every night just like clockwork only more dependable.

Posted: Sat Feb 24th, 2007 08:31 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    5th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    My writing is not limited to this forum:

http://forum.atimes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9890

P.S. The oil reserves of Venezuela is worth approximately 15 (fifteen) trillion dollars! [A.R.]

Armando,

If the “War on Terrorism” doesn’t ignite a major release of “nukular” fallout, then, that whole unfortunate diversion from the human race’s actual problems may soon be ‘superfluous’ and the sooner the better since there is much more money in the SUN!

What is the SUN worth?

Again – take that 15 trillion dollars worth of oil and make ONLY Solar Panels, Solar Panel research, and Electric Cars.

This is merely an exercise in general economic theory.

Suppose, then, that the whole 15 trillion was spent on Solar Panels and electric cars and Chavez inspired this to happen without shooting or torturing people.

A. Is that enough investment to totally convert Venezuela where every household is completely independent from oil?
    B. I that enough investment to convert Venezuela and Brazil?
    C. Is that enough investment to convert Venezuela Brazil, New York City, and London?
    D. Is that enough investment to convert Venezuela, Brazil, New York City, London, and all of China?

How about B above: the oil is gone but every citizen in Venezuela and Brazil are independent from oil.

What does that mean?

I’ve run the numbers myself concerning how much bang for the buck is produced when exchanging existing power for the power to turn sunlight into electric power and I’ve come up with a conservative 200%. Can we imagine (if not actually calculate) that the bang for the buck is at least 100%?

15 Trillion dollars worth is invested into Venezuela and Brazil so…30 Trillion comes back out.

Here is the kicker:

30 Trillion was not available on the planet Earth before the investment. 15 Trillion cost was spent with the oil into making the Solar Panels and the electric cars. 15 Trillion (very conservative estimate when considering the savings that can be realized when Solar Panels and Electric Cars are mass produced and therefore utilize the savings of economies of scale) is now flowing from the sun to the earth as productive power i.e. lighting houses, cooking food, heating homes, and supplying the fuel to drive people and supplies from place to place.

Now the 15 Trillion can be spent frivolously or it can be re-invested into new and better solar energy conversion devices and that is the point. Solar power, unlike oil power, is limitless. Once the infrastructure is in place the cost of power will steadily decline and economically speaking the world’s purchasing power will increase exponentially. Think in terms of Jobs. How many people convert from producing television sets to producing Solar panels? How many people convert from unemployment to producing electric cars, home heating units, etc.? Also think in terms of the pre-oil world economy and the post oil world economy. Now think in terms of the pre-solar and the post-solar economy? The pre-oil economy was poor in contrast because much of the human toil is replaced by oil-power. Oil is dirty and expensive to extract, control, and distribute. Oil is also a central power accelerator i.e. the flow of wealth goes to the oil companies. Solar power is a central power inhibitor i.e. the flow of wealth goes to the individual units that convert solar power to electric power (unless someone taxes solar electricity production).

Solar power is anathema to capitalism which is based upon scarcity. Solar power is abundant.

Note: The flow of oil is being stopped by the capitalists in order to raise the price (and therefore the profits) on oil.

The flow of power from the sun can be stopped. It is called “Nukular” winter.

Posted: Sat Feb 24th, 2007 09:15 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    6th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    Poll: Who will you vote for in 2008

View Results

Poll: Is the lesser of two evils - evil?

View Results

Last edited on Sat Feb 24th, 2007 09:20 pm by Joe Kelley

Posted: Sat Feb 24th, 2007 09:31 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    7th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article17154.htm

"Theater Iran Near Term" (TIRANNT)

By Michel Chossudovsky

02/23/07 "Global Research" - DUBAI, UAE, 21 February 2007. (revised 23 Feb 2007). Code named by US military planners as TIRANNT,  "Theater Iran Near Term" has identified several thousand targets inside Iran as part of a "Shock and Awe" Blitzkrieg, which is now in its final planning stages. 

The 2003 decision to target Iran under TIRANNT should come as no surprise. It is part of the broader military roadmap. Already during the Clinton administration, US Central Command (USCENTCOM) had formulated in 1995  "in war theater plans" to invade first Iraq and then Iran.

"The broad national security interests and objectives expressed in the President's National Security Strategy (NSS) and the Chairman's National Military Strategy (NMS) form the foundation of the United States Central Command's theater strategy. The NSS directs implementation of a strategy of dual containment of the rogue states of Iraq and Iran as long as those states pose a threat to U.S. interests, to other states in the region, and to their own citizens. Dual containment is designed to maintain the balance of power in the region without depending on either Iraq or Iran. USCENTCOM's theater strategy is interest-based and threat-focused. The purpose of U.S. engagement, as espoused in the NSS, is to protect the United States' vital interest in the region - uninterrupted, secure U.S./Allied access to Gulf oil." 

(USCENTCOM, http://www.milnet.com/milnet/pentagon/centcom/chap1/stratgic.htm#USPolicy , emphasis  added)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The notion that people in America cannot adapt to any hardship including higher oil prices is false and therefore the excuse behind legalized torture and murder evaporates before the eyes of reasonable people.

Posted: Sun Feb 25th, 2007 10:45 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    8th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    Clearly, the neo cons and hawkish generals have set the United States on a collision course not only with China and Russia, but, indeed, with every nation that has legitimate scientific and economic interests in space
    http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article17162.htm

The enemy of human life is emboldened to continue destroying human life when good people do nothing to stop them.

At least know more than nothing about our precious future.

Posted: Wed Feb 28th, 2007 11:52 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    9th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article17210.htm

That's turned out to be the tail that wags the dog. Intelligence is not taken all that seriously. It's not that good. My function inside the agency in the late ’60s, early ’70s was in the Office of National Estimates. My wife used to ask me at times, “Why are they so highly classified?” And I said, “Well, probably and mostly, simply because they’re the very best we can do, and they read like a sort of lowbrow foreign affairs article.” They're not full of great technical detail and certainty nothing on sources of intelligence.

But as the agency developed over time, and as it was made clear to the president, every president since Truman, made clear to them shortly after they were inaugurated, you have at your disposal a private army. It is totally secret. There is no form of oversight. There was no form of congressional oversight until the late 1970s, and it proved to be incompetent in the face of Iran-Contra and things like that. He can do anything you want to with it. You could order assassinations. You could order governments overthrown. You could order economies subverted that seemed to get in our way. You could instruct Latin American military officers in state terrorism. You can carry out extraordinary renditions and order the torture of people, despite the fact that it is a clear violation of American law and carries the death penalty if the torture victim should die, and they commonly do in the case of renditions to places like Egypt.

No president since Truman, once told that he has this power, has ever failed to use it. That became the route of rapid advancement within the CIA, dirty tricks, clandestine activities, the carrying out of the president's orders to overthrow somebody, starting -- the first one was the overthrow of Mohammed Mossadegh in Iran in 1953. It’s from that, the After Action Report, which has only recently been declassified, that the word “blowback” that I used in the first of my three books on American foreign policy, that's where the word “blowback” comes from. It means retaliation for clandestine activities carried out abroad.

But these clandestine activities also have one other caveat on them: they are kept totally secret from the American public, so that when the retaliation does come, they're unable ever to put it in context, to see it in cause-and-effect terms. They usually lash out against the alleged perpetrators, usually simply inaugurating another cycle of blowback. The best example is easily 9/11 in 2001, which was clearly blowback for the largest clandestine operation we ever carried out, namely the recruiting, arming and sending into battle of the Mujahideen in Afghanistan against the Soviet Union during the 1980s. But this is the way the CIA has evolved.

It's been responsible for the overthrow of Salvador Allende in Chile and bringing to power probably the most odious dictator on either side in the Cold War, namely General Augusto Pinochet; the installation of the Greek colonels in the late ‘60s and early ’70s in Greece; the coups, one after another, in numerous Latin American countries, all under the cover of avoiding Soviet imperialism carried out by Fidel Castro, when the real purpose was to protect the interests of the United Fruit Company, and continued to exploit the extremely poor and essentially defenseless people of Central America.

The list is endless. The overthrow of Sukarno in Indonesia, the bringing to power of General Suharto, then the elimination of General Suharto when he got on our nerves. It has a distinctly Roman quality to it. And this is why I -- moreover, there is no effective oversight. There are a few, often crooked congressmen, like Randy "Duke" Cunningham, who are charged with oversight. When Charlie Wilson, the congressman, long-sitting congressman from the Second District of Texas, was named chairman of the House Intelligence Oversight Committee during the Afghan period, he wrote at once to his pals in the CIA, “The fox is in the henhouse. Gentlemen, do anything you want to.”

Posted: Thu Mar 1st, 2007 01:51 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    10th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article17215.htm

Better To Jaw-Jaw Than War-War

Posted: Thu Mar 1st, 2007 01:53 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    11th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    http://www.sobran.com/columns/2007/070212.shtml

Meanwhile, Barack Obama has made it official: He’s running for president. He made the announcement in Springfield, Illinois, where Abraham Lincoln once kicked off his campaign, just before Lincoln’s birthday. Taking the bull by the horns, Obama proclaimed his faith in “the basic decency of the American people.” He offered no evidence to support this bizarre belief.

He also hopes to “transform the nation” and to have his face on the penny, an honor traditionally reserved for dead white males. He seems to forget that Lincoln didn’t even want black people voting in Illinois. And really, why would they want to, anyway?

Obama is mounting a serious challenge to the Democratic front-runner, Hillary Clinton, who has a huge early lead in the polls and name recognition. Obama also enjoys high name recognition, except that many voters think he is the head of al-Qaeda, understandably confounding him with Obama Hussein bin Laden, the radical Islamist Holocaust-denying wife-beating terrorist.

Hillary has other problems. Liberals are suspicious of her for supporting the Iraq war. She has also voted for legislation to punish flag burning and against gay marriage; but she has taken full responsibility for these votes, explaining that she would have voted the other way if she had known then what she knows now.

Posted: Thu Mar 1st, 2007 01:54 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    12th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    Why is the US spending one trillion dollars on wars, the reasons for which are patently false. What is going on?

http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts197.html

Posted: Fri Mar 2nd, 2007 03:42 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    13th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    I am as serious about taking office as the possibility exists; therefore - my maintenance of this site will tend to be directed here at campaign central.

Campaign slogan:

I am not evil - honest to God.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/chu/chu16.html

Can we really expect officials who are part of such a criminal enterprise not to perceive each other as members of the same pack of wolves, and us, the taxpayers, as members of the same flock of sheep?

A quiz for the voting public: Who wrote the following best seller book in American history?

Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one: for when we suffer, or are exposed to the same miseries BY A GOVERNMENT, which we might expect in a country WITHOUT GOVERNMENT, our calamity is heightened by reflecting that we furnish the means by which we suffer. Government, like dress, is the badge of lost innocence; the palaces of kings are built upon the ruins of the bowers of paradise. For were the impulses of conscience clear, uniform and irresistibly obeyed, man would need no other lawgiver; but that not being the case, he finds it necessary to surrender up a part of his property to furnish means for the protection of the rest; and this he is induced to do by the same prudence which in every other case advises him, out of two evils to choose the least. Wherefore, security being the true design and end of government, it unanswerably follows that whatever form thereof appears most likely to ensure it to us, with the least expense and greatest benefit, is preferable to all others.

Campaign slogan:

I am not smarter than some 5th graders; but I know how to spell Iran and Iraq.

For those who read:

http://atimes.com/atimes/others/trade-war.html

http://www.antiwar.com/chu/c112699.html

American moves to "contain" China will however have the perverse effect of delaying China's political liberalization. A Beijing unthreatened by western hegemony is prepared to allow considerably more freedom of domestic political expression than a Beijing which perceives foreign colonialists poised to take advantage of China in the event increased political freedom leads to widespread chaos. China remembers only too clearly what fate almost befell her during the late Ching dynasty, when internal disarray almost led to China's permanent partition by opportunistic Japanese, European and American imperialists. 

I think that sums things up.

Last edited on Fri Mar 2nd, 2007 04:34 pm by Joe Kelley

Posted: Fri Mar 2nd, 2007 07:35 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    14th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    That’s the time frame that we’re looking at. And that is the life span of the bases that we’ve constructed there.  Yeah, we are not leaving these bases, and a Democratic president, I don’t care who they are, will keep those basses there. They will justify them and they will use them and we love that. We love it. So it’s not about what the American people think is right or wrong, it’s not about if we got lied to, what matters is, they did what they wanted to do, and as bush says, and as Cheney says, “it’s quite the success.”
    http://www.truthdig.com/interview/page3/20070227_pentagon_whistleblower_on_the_coming_war_with_iran/

And I think that’s what we’re going to do, Democrat, Republican, Independent, I can’t imagine anybody but Ron Paul, if you elect Ron Paul as president, those bases will be closed down. Otherwise…

Last edited on Fri Mar 2nd, 2007 07:38 pm by Joe Kelley

Posted: Sat Mar 3rd, 2007 03:33 am
      PM Quote Reply
    15th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article17220.htm

To use words such as "low yield" or "small" or "mini-" nuclear weapon is like speaking of being a little bit pregnant. Nuclear war is nuclear war! It crosses the moral line.

Be intolerant of falsehood within.

Last edited on Sat Mar 3rd, 2007 03:34 am by Joe Kelley

Posted: Sat Mar 3rd, 2007 10:23 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    16th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    http://www.investorsiraq.com/showthread.php?t=33668

For the past few months, the government has been working to drive down this speculative investing. On Feb. 26, China's State Council launched a new "special task force" that accurately could be referred to as the "get-those-idiots-to-stop-borrowing-to-gamble-on-the-stock-exchanges" team. Its express goal is to get the Chinese domestic security brokers to lay off such speculative decision-making, while also putting a crimp in the source of the subsidized capital.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north512.html

One solution is free banking. This was Ludwig von Mises’ suggestion. There would be no bank regulation, no central bank monopolies, no bank licensing, and no legal barriers to entry. Let the most efficient banks win! In other words, the solution is a free market in money.

Another solution is 100% reserve banking. Banks would not be allowed to issue more receipts for gold or silver than they have on deposit. Anything else is fraud. There would be regulation and supervision to make sure deposits matched loans. This was Murray Rothbard’s solution. The question is: Regulation by whom? With what authority?

A. Free market in money

B. The other choice

http://www.hti.umich.edu/cgi/t/text/pageviewer-idx?c=labadie;cc=labadie;idno=2916966.0001.001;size=l;frm=frameset;seq=3;view=image;page=root

http://www.perfecteconomy.com/index.html

Last edited on Sat Mar 3rd, 2007 10:32 pm by Joe Kelley

Posted: Sun Mar 4th, 2007 04:15 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    17th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article17229.htm

If Americans sickened by the carnage of Iraq wish to stop an even more disastrous war on Iran, they had best get cracking.

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2007 10:40 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    18th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul372.html

The answer to these critical financial realities is simple, but not easy: We must rethink the very role of government in our society.

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2007 10:45 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    19th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/space/03/06/nasa.asteroids.ap/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

NASA lacks funds to find killer asteroids

POSTED: 11:51 a.m. EST, March 6, 2007

Story Highlights
    • NASA doesn't have the money to track all potentially dangerous asteroids
    • A comprehensive asteroid tracking program would cost NASA $1 billion
    • There are 20,000 potentially hazardous asteroids and comets out there
    • Agency does track objects that could wipe out most life on Earth

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2007 11:30 pm
      PM Quote Reply
    20th Post
    Joe Kelley
    Administrator

Mana: 
    http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-elmasri3mar03,0,3264255.story?coll=la-opinion-underdog

The U.S. government does not deny that I was wrongfully kidnapped. Instead, it has argued in court that my case must be dismissed because any litigation of my claims will expose state secrets and jeopardize American security, even though President Bush has told the world about the CIA's detention program, and even though my allegations have been corroborated by eyewitnesses and other evidence. To my amazement and dismay, last May, a federal district court judge agreed with the government and threw out my case. And then Friday, the U.S. 4th Circuit Court of Appeals upheld that decision. It seems that the only place in the world where my case cannot be discussed is in a U.S. courtroom.

http://www.rawstory.com/news/2007/Top_Justice_official_resigns_Top_House_0305.html

The sudden resignation of a top government official involved in the sacking of US attorneys has raised eyebrows in Congress.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/manion/manion73.html

Well, if the Court doesn’t act, the Congress can. But will it? After all, the Congress has been cowering at the prospect of a constitutional confrontation with Bush for over five years, and there is no sign that it will change now, just because the chairs have been rearranged. After all, President Bush’s "signing statements" have asserted that the Congress is essentially irrelevant, and President Hillary Clinton-Rodham will undoubtedly follow suit after January 20, 2009.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=impeach+bush

http://answer.pephost.org/site/News2?id=8107

Last edited on Tue Mar 6th, 2007 11:35 pm by Joe Kelley

Current time is 02:19 am Page:    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  Next Page Last Page    
    Power Independence > Networking > Expanding Connectivity > Write in Candidate Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems